OK.. so it has been a while since my last post
So firstly here’s a pic of my latest shoot with the new Nikon D800E.
Recently I have been busy juggling the new studio, being away, new websites and new blogs etc and so have neglected this blog a little. Damn… all this website and social media stuff is time-consuming huh? Especially when across multiple companies, locations and websites.
Anyway I will backdate a few blog posts to cover off a few recent jobs including: Red Bull X-Fighters, Australasian Dirt Bike Magazine – Dual-Sport Adventure motorbike tour 2012, Adventure Harley Davidson NZ, Oakley – Rick Kelly (Studio), Tourism Victoria, Tye Simmonds (Super Cross / MX)
However my latest project was for Hyundai Australia photographing a concept street car for the Australia Motor Show
I was stoked to be using the new 36MP D800E for the first time and it’s sharpness and clarity is mind-boggling. I was amused with myself when I noticed a hint of noise at high ISO’s but I have been using the D3, D3s and D4 so much I am used to being able to shoot well into the many-thousand ISO’s. The D800E compensates in so many other ways so I quickly checked myself, with the knowledge I ordered the new body specifically for lower ISO, commercial shooting – similar to the images portrayed here (duh!), not for high ISO, high frame rate sport shooting. And the D800E absolutely ‘kills it’ in the area it was specifically designed – brilliant sharpness in detail.
This shoot was a coming together of multiple challenges. Embargoes on images, security clearances at location, limited shooting time and mostly after dark, car build finishing minutes before shooting etc. We ended up collecting the car around 3:30pm and returned it around 2am. plenty of security guys in high-viz vests telling us to clear off, others who were cool, others who didn’t care … but photography and security issues go had in hand in todays Australian liability scared society.
One day turnaround on images to be ready for the motor show added a little extra pressure but in the end it all came together nicely… and the results (below) speak for themselves: